Hands down the #1 thing you can be doing for your health and body is getting at least 13 serving of fruits and vegetables EVERYDAY!
Here’s the thing, fruits and vegetables contain tons of phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are compounds that are only found in plants that have powerful health protecting benefits. Our bodies are designed to be fueled by plants. All the nutrients found in fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices protect the cells in our body, help fight disease, and significantly decrease inflammation.
“Why is inflammation so bad??” Glad you asked…….inflammation is the root cause of almost EVERY chronic illness.
Fruits and vegetables might just have more health benefits then you realize :
- Prevents wrinkles
- Weight loss- specifically abdominal fat
- Natural detoxifies the body
- Improves immune system
- Decreases inflammation; remember, inflammation is said to be the root of all disease
- Lowers cholesterol
- Improves digestion and gut health
- Increases metabolism
- Prevents cancer
- Regulates hormones
- Improves vision
- Improves memory, brain fog, fatigue, attention span
(just to name a few)
So now for the challenge……how to incorporate 13 servings of fruits and vegetables into you diet daily.
Here is 3 solutions to up your phytonutrients:
1.Whether you eat 3 meals a day or 4 small meals a day, make sure you have 1 serving of a fruit and 2 servings of a vegetable at each meal. Take a couple hours one day a week, (Saturday or Sunday usually work best for most people) and meal prep.
2. Drink one “green” drink a day. This is the easiest way to incorporate an extra 5-6 servings of fruits and vegetables into your day.
Easy Anti-Inflammatory Green Juice Recipe:
- Handful of spinach
- Half a cucumber cut up
- 3-4 mint leaves
- Handful of frozen pineapple
- 1/2 of a banana
- Handful of frozen mango
- Juice from one lemon
- Filtered Water
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend till its juiced (no need for a juicer, a plain old blender works great). This will make a approx. 3 severing. Pour the juice into mason jars and keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days. *Tip: you can blend the juice a second time in a single serve blender cup to make the juice more smooth.
3.Due to our crazy hectic schedules sometimes getting 13 serving of fruits and veggies everyday is just NOT realistic. Because of this, I found a whole food nutritional supplement that I take everyday. By incorporating this into my diet daily I can be absolutely sure I am getting my 13 severing of fruits and veggies. I call it food insurance!
The product is called Juice Plus+. The powerful ingredients in Juice Plus+ literally only come from farm grown, better than organic fruits and vegetables. It is backed by clinical research proving its health benefits. I became a distributor for Juice Plus+ because I would personally recommend this product to anyone and everyone. Click here to learn more about Juice Plus+ or email me if you want to know more!
Think back to yesterday and count how many servings of fruits and vegetables you ate. That number may be an eye opener!
To your health! <3